Search This Blog

Sunday 3 June 2012

How to poach chicken

For my coronation chicken I wanted to poach the chicken, I found it quite difficult to find a recipe on the internet after trying it out I thought it would be a good idea to add it to my blog to anyone who also wanted to try it. 






Ingredients:



  • 2 chicken breasts and 2 legs
  • medium  onion, cut into quarters
  • 4 small garlic cloves peeled
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 6 whole black peppercorns
  • 1 bay leaf (optional)

Recipe:

  1. Add all of the ingredients to a heavy bottomed pan and bring to the boil.
  2. Cook for 20 minutes then remove the chicken breasts and cook for a further 10  minutes.
  3. Remove from the heat and slice the chicken ready for serving - or set aside for my coronation chicken recipe coming soon!
To make stock from the left over water and bones put the pan back on a low heat for 1-2 hours until it smells divine (I put mine in the slow cooker over night on a medium heat).

No comments:

Post a Comment